A week ago Friday we were hangin out in the morning with the Little Man when he turned to us and said, "Hey, wanna know what we should do today? I say we pack up some stuff and hit the road and take a week off somewhere. You know, just for fun, to get out of D-Town." We had to admit, it did sound pretty enticing.... so, we decided to go for it and away we went! We drove and we drove until we came to a quaint little town just outside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park called Pigeon Forge.
It was a little tough to find accomodations at the last minute, but we finally found something right in our price range.






We quickly made friends with some of the locals. The 3 bears were there, but we couldn't find Goldilocks anywhere. But at least we got to see Bambi and his mom (just stay away from the meadow... we all remember what happened in the movie!!).
As always, Little Man insisted that we go to his favorite restaurant for dinner one night.
Overall, it was fun trip and a great chance to get away. Oh yeah, here's some other pics in case you're interested.


8 comments:
spontaneous trips is so you! I love it! I still remember some of ours back in the day...
I'm sure you had an awesome time!
I thought I should give you the heads up about free ice cream - check out my blog
How fun! Jacque, where are you guys living now? We're in NC.. If you're close we should so get together! Your pictures turned out great! Connor is a cutie!
I think I know where Goldilocks is...
So cute! three bears, no way!!!!! we sure do see some great stuff right off the road like moose and such. Tennessee looks beautiful you guys--
Amen Kate!
Those are beautiful pictures!
what beautiful pictures....I'm soooooooooo jealous! We just don't have that kind of stuff in our hood =) amy told me that you made it so we can leave comments now. Connor looks so big...I wish I could see that little boy in person! Miss you all~~
Love,
Mel
You came within TWO hours of where I live and you didn't TELL ME!?!? Pigeon Forge is practically down the road from me!!! I'm offended. LOL
Post a Comment